|Delivered in partnership with|
The course provides an immersive dive into AI (Artificial Intelligence) systems for healthcare, from AI foundations and algorithms to system-level design considerations and emerging applications. The course provides deep-level knowledge through lectures, in-class assignments, and hands-on interactive workshops.
AI (Artificial Intelligence) has been increasingly used in healthcare innovation in recent years for medical imaging, drug discovery and research, personalised medicine, remote monitoring, predictive analytics, medical chatbots, and more. Overall, AI has the potential to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs, and increase efficiency by automating tasks that were once done manually, analysing data faster and more accurately, and providing personalised care.
The programme emphasises on gaining practical skills and using advanced tools in a short period of time. The main deep-tech topics to be addressed are:
- Introduction to AI and Machine Learning
- Algorithms and statistical models
- Reinforcement Learning and Deep Learning
- Text processing and large language models (LLM)
- Privacy, ethics and medical data processing concerns
- Applications of AI: case studies and examples of AI applications in healthcare and other related fields
The deep-tech background is applied in system-level design, covering the following aspects:
- System structure, behavior, and function
- Systems engineering approaches in AI systems design
- System architectures in the healthcare domain
The participants are guided in small teams to gain hands-on experience in developing a medical AI system project, while incorporating the design and development principles shown during the lectures.
The programme will take place at Prima Link Hotel, 4 Mota Gur, Petah Tiqwa, 4952801, Israel.
Tel Aviv is 6.2 mi from the accommodations. The nearest airport is Ben Gurion, 12 mi from Prima Link Hotel, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service. Visiting and touring Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and other attractions in Israel is possible after classes or, even better after the end of the programme.
Sunday, 12 November 2023
- Intro to machine learning
- Deep learning overview and examples
- Data augmentation tools and methods workshop
- Optional social program
Monday, 13 November 2023
- Intro to natural language processing
- Large language models (LLM) best practices
- LLM hands-on workshop
- Optional expert's meetup and panel on AI
Tuesday, 14 November 2023
- Privacy and regulations on AI
- Handling personally identifiable information (PII)
- Data anonymization workshop
- Optional social program
Wednesday, 15 November 2023
- Differential privacy concepts
- Learning from small data sets (common in medical experiments)
- Bayesian Statistics workshop
- Tour/Company visit
Thursday, 16 November 2023
- Hands-on project workshop – coding diagnoses and procedures (ICD9)
- Way ahead – current and future uses of AI in healthcare
- Programme summary and wrap up
The EIT Digital Summer School on the Road is addressed to university students and young professionals who want to deep-dive into emerging technologies and learn how to turn these technologies into business. This will enable them to become innovators in the field of AI and healthcare in start-ups, larger companies, or academia. No coding experience or background is required.
Accommodation can be provided at Prima Hotel, Tel Aviv, Petah Tikva, Israel
- 620 NIS Single Room, BB (Bed & Breakfast)
- 690 NIS Double Room, BB (Bed & Breakfast)
For rooms reservation kindly contact Mr. Daniel Harush at DanielHarush@prima.co.il and mention that you are part of EIT group.