This summer school programme is intended for participants to deepen their know-how on advances in SS (Smart Space) technology and identify new directions for research and application in the field. We will provide a comprehensive view of all aspects related to SSs: Technologies for development; interaction paradigms; evaluation methods; application domains; business challenges and entrepreneurship opportunities; ethical sociological and psychological aspects of SSs.
The programme consists of a mix of lectures, case studies presentation, demos in real SS installations; autonomous and supervised teamwork on project design and business planning; and team building activities.
Preliminary agenda for week 1:
- SS technologies and Interaction Modes
- UX design and evaluation
- Applications and Industry case studies: ethical/sociological/psychological issues in SS
- Project teamwork
- Social Event
Preliminary agenda for week 2:
- Industry case studies; innovation and entrepreneurship (I&E) perspectives for SSs
- Pitch creation
- SS demos (trip to SS installations)
- Project work (UX+Technology Design; Biz plan; Pitch Preparation)
- Project Final Presentation
Speakers: Polimi Faculty + speakers from top-level research institutions in EU, US, Israel + industry speakers from start-ups and companies.