Cybersecurity is essential, protecting all types of data from theft or corruption. Digital transformation and hyper-convergence create unintended gateways for risk, vulnerabilities, attacks, and outages.
The summer school will include lectures, practical work, and excursions. The participants will have the opportunity to broaden their knowledge in cybersecurity through challenges, workshops, and lectures provided by cybersecurity experts. Part of the activities will be the participation of the students in mini-projects in order to better understand some advanced topics of cyber security. At the end of the summer school, atendees will also be requested to participate in evaluation.
The summer school will address the following topics from the technical and business-oriented perspective. More specifically invited speakers having an active role in academia and/or industry will discuss issues about (indicative):
- An introduction to Cybersecurity Issues and Challenges
- An introduction to Network Security
- An introduction to GDPR
- Human Aspects of Security and Privacy
- Ethical Issues when designing and developing Secure and Privacy-Aware IS
- Authentication and Authorization Techniques in modern IT environments
- Business Continuity Management
- Critical Infrastructure Security Issues
- Cybersecurity Awareness Systems and Programs
- Risk Management
- Legal and organizational challenges in modern industry
- Data Protection in Internet of Cloud
- Privacy Impact Assessment Tools for Businesses
- The role of the Data Protection Officer in the GDPR era
- Privacy and Cryptography
- Privacy in IoT
- Secure Identity and Access Management
- Security and Privacy Challenges in the 5G and 6G era
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response Planning
- Secure Operations Centers
The Summer School is open to young professionals as well as Bachelor, Master or early PhD students, who want to deep-dive in cyber security and learn how to turn this technology into business. This will enable them to become innovators in the field of cyber security, as designers/developers/policy makers and consultants in start-ups or larger companies.
The Summer School takes place in Mytilene, the capital of Lesvos island in Greece. All courses will be conducted at the renovated and modern Heliotrope hotel.
The city center of Mytilene can be reached within 15 minutes via the bus line. We want to experience Mytilene with its great variety of cultural, sports, and social activities. Lesvos is famous for olive oil and ouzo production. It has a mild Mediterranean climate and exceptional sunshine while the island is easily accessible.
We plan to offer a beautiful and sunny experience in one of the biggest Greek islands in the North Aegean. The following social events are already prepared for all participants and speakers:
- July 9: Welcome event by the pool
- July 14: Farewell dinner for participants attending one week program
- July 15: Social event in the city center – Taste the local dishes and drink local 'ouzo' by listening to live greek music
- July 21 Farewell event for all participants
All participants will enjoy complimentary lunch per day (except on weekends). Participation in social events will be free. All participants will enjoy a discount on all bar/ restaurant services of the hotel.
Our goal is to bring speakers and participants together inside and out of the classroom. Thus, accommodation will be provided in Heliotrope hotel where the Summer School venue will take place.
Single and double rooms are already pre-booked for the participants in preferential prices. When contacting for booking your accommodation please indicate that you are an EIT DIGITAL participant.
Single rooms: 70 € per day including breakfast
Double rooms: 80 € per day including breakfast
Participants may select to share a double room with another participant. In this case the cost will be shared at 40 € per day.
Local school organisers will provide you with all support and additional info you may need.