UPM and Huawei organise a Summer School on AI4Green including AI Technologies, Business Models, and Use Cases, and visits to different start-ups and organisations. The Summer School is addressed to Master's and Ph.D. students, researchers, professors, and young professionals and it is taught by renowned researchers and entrepreneurs.
The following technical topics will be tackled:
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) - a short history of AI
- Product Realization and Da Vinci Architecture.
- Full Stack Ascend AI Software. Ascend Computing Language and Python Ascend Computing Language
- AI Inference on Huawei System & Colorful image colourisation and/or object detection
- AI training on Huawei systems & Graph Neural Networks
- MindSpore Opensource AI framework Overview and Operating Demo Practice
- ModelArts: One-stop AI development platform introduction
- openEuler: A New Way To Link The IT World
In parallel, participants will work on their entrepreneurial skills in different sessions:
- Business Model Canvas
- Product Market Fit
- Pitch Training
During the AI4Green Workshop, participants will integrate their newly acquired skills to solve a real-world problem that relates to the Green Deal Goals. They can choose their own challenge or some of the challenges proposed to work on.
There will be a prize for the best performers which will be delivered during an award ceremony and a networking cocktail at the end of the programme.
The Summer School is open to young professionals, as well as Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. students, researchers and professors, who want to deep-dive in emerging digital technologies and learn how to turn these technologies into business. This will enable them to become innovators in the field of AI for Green in start-ups, larger companies or academia.
The Summer School takes place at the Faculty of Computer Science of the Polytechnic University of Madrid. This was one of the first universities of excellence in Spain and is one of the top universities in Europe.
The city center of Madrid can be reached within 30 minutes via the subway / bus line. Madrid will offer world-class museums, festivals, theatre, live music, restaurants and bars, there's never a shortage of things to do. World-leading finance and tech companies benefit from transparent regulators and digitally advanced consumers looking for smarter user experiences.
Accommodation can be provided by the following hotels:
- RESA MONCLOA https://www.resa.es/es/residencias/madrid/residencia-universitaria-moncloa/residencia/
- MI CAMPUS LIVING https://micampusresidencias.com/residencias-universitarias-madrid/
- THE SOCIAL HUB https://www.thesocialhub.co/es/madrid/
Local school organisers will provide you with all support and info you may need.