The Dutch ICT trade journal Computable has nominated the EIT Digital Master School as one of the best ICT educators in the Netherlands in the Computable Awards 2019. The EIT Digital Master School, which was nominated together with nine other ICT educators, was selected for the distinctive power of its education programme. The winner will be announced at a special event on 29 October. Public voting opens on 4 July.
Roberto Prieto, Chief Education Officer of EIT Digital, is happy with this nomination. “We are very honoured to be nominated for the title ICT Educator of the Year by the respected Dutch ICT magazine Computable," he said. "We strive to excel in what we do: offering technical education that equips our students with the innovation and entrepreneurial skills to turn technology into new business. Our students are therefore very much in demand in the market. They speak the languages of both business and technology. We are very happy that our education is being recognised by ICT experts as well.”
The general public has an important voice in deciding the final winner. Between 4 July and 11 October, people can vote for one of the nominees. The public vote is worth fifty percent of the final judgment for Educator of the Year, with the other fifty percent decided by the Computable jury.
The EIT Digital Master School
Teaching technical students to think like entrepreneurs is a key element of the learning delivered by the EIT Digital Master School. The school seeks out the most promising students and equips them with cutting-edge knowledge and business skills, to help guarantee Europe’s leading role in the global digital economy.
EIT Digital Master School students can choose from seven technical Master School programmes. During the two-year course, students complete a work placement as well as a two-week Summer School programme. They study in two top universities in two European countries. Graduates of the EIT Digital Master School programme are rewarded with a double master’s degree coupled with a certificate from the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
Students can choose from these EIT Digital Master School programmes:
- Autonomous Systems (AUS)
- Cloud and Network Infrastructures (CNI)
- Cyber Security (CSE)
- Data Science (DSC)
- Embedded Systems (ES)
- Human Computer Interaction and Design (HCID)
- Visual Computing and Communication (VCC)
The other nominees for ICT Educator of the Year are:
- Certified Blockchain Professional Program (Breda University of Applied Sciences and Avans Hogeschool Den Bosch)
- HBO-ICT Windesheim
- House of Bèta (Talent&Pro)
- IT Campus Rotterdam
- ITvitae - Lees onderbouwing
- Make IT Work (o.a. Hogeschool van Amsterdam, IT Academy Noord-Nederland)
- National Cyber Security Summer School (NCS3)
- Train4smartservices (Corda Campus, Brightlands Smart Services Campus, Fontys Hogeschool, Hogeschool PXL, Artesis Plantijn Hogeschool, Open Universiteit, Zuyd Hogeschool en gemeente Heerlen)
- Young Brainport Summer School (YBSS)
Voting for the ICT Educator of the Year is open from 4 July to 6 October on the Computable website. Please vote for us then.